SOUTH AFRICAN RESERVE BANK
The SARB invites innovative and talented applicants to apply for its 2023 Chartered Accountant training programme
Duties And Responsibilities
The aim of the programme is to address the shortage of Chartered Accountants (CAs) in the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and in the country. Trainees are given an opportunity to acquire competencies prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), reinforce prior academic education, and develop business acumen, life skills, and professional and ethical values.
Format of the programme
As from 2022, the SARB has begun transitioning from the 2016 prescribed competency framework to the CA 2025 framework. CA trainees joining the SARB from 2023 will be expected to complete their competencies based on the new framework.
Trainees will be placed, on rotation, in the various departments and subsidiaries of the SARB, thus obtaining practical experience and a good overview of the business of central banking.
Qualifications And Experience
To be considered for the programme, candidates must have:
· completed or must be in the process of completing a SAICA-accredited:
– Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA); or
– Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) or an equivalent qualification; and
· an academic performance record average of at least 60%.
Additional requirements include:
· be a South African citizen;
· strong analytical skills;
· good communication skills; and
· be curious, self-motivated and innovative.
How To Apply
Closing date : 30 September 2022
To apply click on the link below.